Acne of pregnancy on black skin: causes and treatments
How to fight pregnancy acne? Our advice for black skin.
Acne of pregnancy: what are the causes?
Women's acne does not only affect teenagers, but also pregnant women, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy. However, it is not uncommon to see acne breakouts until the 3rd trimester. The sebaceous glands produce excess sebum due to the imbalance caused by pregnancy hormones. The factors leading to the appearance of acne in pregnant women are multiple:
- stopping the pill;
- stopping acne treatment;
- change in diet;
- hormonal imbalance.
Acne-prone skin is more likely to be affected by pregnancy acne, since sebum production is already disrupted even before the baby arrives. The causes of pregnancy acne are therefore multiple, and it is necessary to understand the source to find the right treatment. With the arrival of a baby and pregnancy acne , you can be stressed and this can impact your comfort in life. Nubiance reveals its solutions to you!
What form does acne take in pregnant women?
Pregnancy acne usually results in the appearance of pimples and blackheads on the face and body . Imperfections are more localized on the face, but they can extend to the neckline and back. Any areas where sebum occurs in large amounts can be prone to pregnant woman acne breakouts . Is acne a sign of pregnancy ? No, not especially since teenage girls also have skin problems, with inflammatory pimples (red and swollen pimples, pustules, cysts, blackheads, dilated pores, etc.). In addition, pregnant acne is not systematic: you can expect a baby and have beautiful skin during the 9 months. Acne treatment can be taken for prevention or treatment, but pregnancy acne usually disappears after the birth of your child.
How to prevent pregnancy acne?
Anti-pregnancy acne drug treatments are contraindicated for pregnant women. It is advisable to opt for more gentle care. Here are some tips to get rid of acne pimples during pregnancy:
- Avoid touching your pimples as this can infect the wound and cause scarring . Our care routine allows you to treat each pimple gently to respect the health of your skin. Immediate effect !
- Deeply cleanse your skin : morning and evening, use dermatological bars or our Cleanactyl cleansing gel to cleanse your face as well as the areas affected by acne. This will allow you to get rid of excess sebum.
- Stay hydrated : although black skin is often oily, it needs hydration. To get rid of blemishes, opt for a cream rich in zinc and non-comedogenic treatments adapted to your skin. Avoid too frequent masks or scrubs. Also, stay hydrated regularly by drinking enough water.
- Opt for suitable products : to camouflage your unsightly pimples, choose a healing cream instead of heavy makeup.
In case of severe acne, it is important to consult a dermatologist or your general practitioner to find an anti-acne treatment adapted to pregnancy. The use of dermatological creams or medications should be for a short time.
Effective solutions and treatments for pregnancy acne
Luckily, there are plenty of treatments available to treat acne in pregnant women . To start, eat a balanced diet and eat foods rich in calcium. Also, drink herbal teas from burdock. This plant has anti-inflammatory, detoxifying and antioxidant properties. It is ideal for regulating sebum secretion and cleansing the sebaceous glands. Here are some examples of pregnancy acne treatments you can use:
- Propolis : thanks to its antiseptic properties, this natural anti-acne product is effective during pregnancy.
- Zinc : this element purifies your skin. You can mix it with jojoba oil, to get a thick paste.
- Aleppo soap : it is preferable to use this soap or a bar of dermatological soap instead of a classic soap. Also, choose an acne lotion suitable for pregnant women to cleanse your face. Goat milk soap is also very effective.
- Lavender oil : you can use this essential oil from the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. However, be sure to respect the dosages.
- Cleanactyl , our soap-free cleansing gel : it will bring you great skin comfort and a feeling of cleanliness without drying out your skin. A must have in your beauty routine!
You can also make clay masks . This material is effective in ripening pimples faster, facilitating skin repair and exfoliating the skin. Yellow clay is perfectly suited to oily skin . For your pregnancy mask to be effective, avoid letting it dry on your skin by regularly spraying it with water using a spray bottle.
Adopt the right reflexes: the do's & don't
What to avoid
To prevent pregnancy acne or treat existing pimples and blemishes, a pregnant woman should avoid:
- exposing yourself to the sun;
- being sedentary;
- eat a lot of sugar, since sugar promotes the appearance of acne due to the rise of insulin in the blood, which then stimulates hormones;
- consuming refined pasta, bread and rice too often;
- drinking alcohol during pregnancy, as this sugar-rich drink promotes the appearance of acne;
- use products that are contraindicated for pregnant women such as antibiotics, retinoids, isotretinoin, retinol, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or even essential oils.
Namely that it is not recommended to be banned from Roaccutane which is based on isotretinoin . This treatment is contraindicated for pregnant and breastfeeding women, as it can cause malformations in the baby.
What to prioritize
As a pregnancy acne treatment , you do not need to take antibiotics or chemical medications. There are natural solutions to reduce the appearance of inflammatory pimples during the first trimester such as:
- moderate daily physical activity;
- dark chocolate rather than foods containing refined sugar like pastries and cookies;
- whole wheat pasta and brown rice as alternatives to refined sugar;
- cinnamon for its antibacterial properties;
- turmeric, an excellent anti-inflammatory food;
A little extra beauty advice against acne in expectant mothers : mix apple cider vinegar with water to rebalance the pH of your skin. In the evening, apply this mixture after using cold soap. In the morning, use a bamboo charcoal Konjac sponge to cleanse your skin. In case of severe acne , exfoliate your epidermis with pulverized oats . Thanks to its antibacterial properties, honey is particularly effective during pregnancy, especially Manuka honey.
Pregnancy acne affects many pregnant women and can have psychological consequences. Fortunately, there are many anti-imperfection remedies such as our Nubiance ACT-5 treatment to make your unsightly pimples disappear during your pregnancy. However, several treatments are contraindicated for pregnant women, hence the importance of consulting a dermatologist.
ON THE SAME SUBJECT
Comment éclaircir ses aisselles ?
L’hyperpigmentation est le problème n°1 des personnes à la peau mate, métisse et noire. Vous constatez une surproduction de mélanine sous vos bras ? Vous désirez savoir comment éclaircir vos aisselles sans avoir recours à des techniques néfastes pour votre peau ? Découvrez la routine à suivre !
Quels sont les bienfaits du zinc sur la peau ?
Les bienfaits du zinc sur la peau sont multiples : atténuer les différents types d’acné, soigner les cicatrices, ralentir le vieillissement cutané, raffermir la peau, etc. Au-delà de lutter contre les problèmes de peau, il contribue au bon fonctionnement du système immunitaire. Dans quels aliments est-il le plus présent ? Quels produits cosmétiques sont composés de zinc ? Nous vous dévoilons tout !
Poils incarnés : symptômes et solutions ?
Les poils incarnés sont des poils qui poussent sous la peau. Ils ont l’apparence de petits boutons et peuvent être douloureux. Ils touchent autant les hommes que les femmes, mais apparaissent en général chez les personnes qui ont les cheveux frisés et crépus. Découvrez les caractéristiques des poils incarnés : leurs symptômes, les zones où ils apparaissent et les traitements pour les faire disparaître.