You may have thought it was only possible to have acne on your face and body. Well know that it is common to see pimples appear on the scalp . Want to know more about this skin condition ? Find out the factors that influence their manifestation and the solutions to get rid of them.
Why do I have pimples on my scalp?
Rashes on the hairline cause both internal and external factors.
- Hormonal changes: pregnancy , puberty, contraceptives or premenstrual syndrome can lead to the appearance of pimples on the scalp ;
- Scalp folliculitis: This infection occurs when the scalp is infected with a germ. Pimples surface and hair grows through them. The follicle is said to be decalcifying when the hair follicles are destroyed. This phenomenon causes hair loss on the areas concerned;
- Acne : it can extend to the scalp. It is manifested by the appearance of small white pimples;
- Seborrheic dermatitis: this infection is recognized by the presence of red patches, yellowish scales, small pimples and itching;
- Sebaceous cysts: they appear because of excess sebum that forms in the sebaceous gland ;
- Allergic eczema : this skin condition is manifested by itching, redness and pimples on the scalp. Hair products such as dyes, and ingredients such as parabens, phenoxyethanol can cause allergic reactions;
- Skin cancer: In rarer cases, the rash is a sign of skin cancer. The tumor may be basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma or malignant melanoma . If the pimple has been there for a long time and is isolated, it is recommended that you go to a health professional for an examination.
- Lice: especially lice bites;
- Cosmetic products: the rash can be caused by the accumulation of shampoo, conditioner or styling products;
- Fungi and bacteria: excess sebum is the cause of their proliferation. In addition, when you practice sport, perspiration moistens the skin and hair. Accumulated in hair products, they can cause the appearance of pimples on the scalp ;
- Pollution and stress.
Read also: Atopic dermatitis and black skin
How to treat pimples on the scalp?
The first thing to do to get rid of it is to go to a doctor or dermatologist. He will be able to give you the right treatment.
More often, we recommend that you perform a hair detox at least once a month to unclog the follicles. This step cleanses your scalp of all the residue it may have accumulated (pollution, care, etc.).
You can do this with baking soda. However, this method is harsh. Care must be taken that the product does not remain on the scalp for too long, just long enough for the massage.
Then once a week, or more if you have straight hair, we advise you to use a shampoo adapted to your hair type. Thus, you will rid your scalp of any excess sebum and products that can cause the proliferation of bacteria.
You can add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to it to purify the roots and treat pimples, itching, dandruff, etc.
To accelerate their disappearance, we advise you to apply the following actions:
- Do not fiddle with or pop the pimples at the risk of aggravating your case;
- Use a mild shampoo;
- Avoid applying comedogenic oils to your scalp;
- Avoid styling products that dry out the scalp;
- Apply vinegar when rinsing the hair to regulate the PH of the scalp.
Also read: how to get rid of pimples on the back ?
The scalp is often a part of the body that is neglected and yet it is important to take care of it. As we mentioned above, we advise you to perform a hair detox once a month to purify the scalp and prevent the appearance of pimples.
- Tags: acné